The Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews plan to close I-90 in both directions starting at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 9 and Thursday, Oct. 10. The pass will be closed eastbound at Gold Creek (milepost 56) and westbound at Price Creek (milepost 61). A reopening time depends on the amount of debris that comes down and repairs needed to the highway. Drivers are encouraged to use exits before the closure points to access services. During the closures, there are no services eastbound past milepost 53 and westbound past milepost 70.
Drivers will also experience delays during the day and at night due to single lanes four miles east of the Snoqualmie Pass Summit between milepost 56 and 60.
If traveling near Ellensburg this week, drivers will be delayed due to single lane closures as crews make repairs to the Dry Creek Bridge. Starting Friday, Oct. 11, drivers may want to consider alternate routes between Cle Elum and Ellensburg via SR 970 / US 97 or SR 10.
WSDOT provides a number of ways to help plan your trip over I- 90:
- Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for email updates
- Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras
- Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
- Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511