Who needs a Solicitors License?
Any person, both principals and agents, who shall sell, offer or expose for sale, or trade, deal or traffic in any personal property at retail in the City by going from house to house or from place to place or by indiscriminately approaching individuals.
No person or individual shall act as a solicitor within the city limits without first obtaining a license. It is a violation to solicit on premises that conspicuously display a “no solicitors” sign, or a sign with similar language. See Ordinance O2012-322 for more information.
There are 2 types of Solicitor’s Licenses
- Regular Solicitor’s License Fee: $30.00 (Background check required)
- Exempt Solicitor’s License No Charge
Who is eligible for an exemption?
- Farmers, gardeners, or other persons who sell, deliver, or peddle agricultural, horticultural or farm products (including fruits, vegetables, berries, eggs, or other edibles) which they have grown, harvested, manufactured or produced, provided that this exception does not apply to sale of firewood.
- Charitable, religious or nonprofit organizations or corporations which have received tax exempt status under 26 U.S.C. 501(c)(3) or other similar civic, charitable, educational, political, or non-profit organizations.
- Newspaper subscription solicitors and vendors of books and periodicals.
To obtain a Solicitors License, please submit the application form below in person at City Hall.