Traffic Enforcement


Abandoned Vehicles:

If the vehicle you are calling about has been parked on public right of way for a period of 72 hours or longer and you have not reported it previously, please call the KCSO Abandoned Vehicle Hotline at (206) 205-0969 to make a formalized complaint. You may also report it online.

If the vehicle is blocking the travel portion of the roadway, is on your property, is suspicious in any way, appears to have been vandalized or stolen, or was originally reported as abandoned more than twenty days ago, please call Dispatch at (206) 296-3311.

Traffic Complaints

Speeding vehicles are a concern to the citizens of Sammamish and to the Sammamish Police Department.

If you want to request Police action related to speeding vehicles or traffic or parking issues within the City limits of Sammamish, please call Dispatch at (206) 296-3311 in order to initiate a formal traffic complaint or file a report online.

Upon routing to and review by a Sergeant, the complaint will be assigned out to one or more officers for follow-up (generally over a thirty day period) for speed enforcement emphasis.

Please note: our patrol officers will make every attempt to work traffic-related complaints between dispatched calls for service from the 9-1-1 communications center. Unfortunately, due to the sheer volume of calls received, complaints may be open for several months due to limited manpower).

Collision Reports

No one wants to be involved in a traffic collision.

However, if you are involved in one, call 9-1-1 for a police response.

If your collision is NOT investigated by a police officer or sheriff’s deputy, AND if there are injuries or the total damages exceed $1,000, you need to complete a State of Washington Vehicle Collision Report within 24 hours. 

Report forms are available at all King County Sheriff’s Office locations, from any other police station, and online.

Remember: If the police complete a written report, you will only need to contact your insurance company.

If you are seeking a copy of a police report regarding a traffic collision that you were involved in, you can request a copy online

You will be asked to provide specific information, such as a case number or (if you do not have a case number) information such as the date and time of the accident, the location, and names of individuals involved. 

Copies of reports may not be available until two weeks after the accident has occurred.